Insurance is, to many, a difficult process underlined with a lot of red tape and complicated systems. Take the pressure off by familiarising yourself with the following procedures….
When you take out insurance……
- Assess the replacement value of the items being removed.
- Look out for specified exclusions in the insurance document and make sure that you fully understand
- Complete the proposal form and hand it over to the removal company.
- Ensure that your cover is validated by paying the premium promptly – at least a day before your removal.
When you make a claim…….
- Notify the removal company of any damage or loss after receiving your goods within 48 hours.
- Ask your removal company about the exact procedure in terms of the number of quotes required (2 or 3 quotes and clear pictures)
- To repair or replace, claim forms to be completed and the retention of damaged items for inspection.
- Follow the requirements of the insurers very strictly to avoid any possible rejection or delays in settling your claim.
- Ensure that the quantum of your claim is correct and accurate. You will not be allowed to claim for any additional damages once the claim has been settled.
We offer competitive rates for All – Risk In Transit Insurance for all our removals. The most important fact to keep in mind is that values must be based on the replacement values at the destination.
Click here to download our Insurance Proposal Form